Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Newlyweds Update #1

We'll celebrate our two months anniversary in about a week. Is crazy to reflect back and see how much has happened in just this short amount of time. And NO we are NOT preggers yet Candace. We will be one day (years away from now hopefully).

I'm very thankful to be married and to have a constant companion by my side. We have mostly good days so far, but like most human we have our share of bad days too. It is when those bad days hit that I am ever so thankful to have Scott as my husband.

One of our biggest struggle right now is to find a church. As most of y'all know both Scott and I don't have a very strong church background. Some recent hurtful things continue to leave a bad taste in our mouth about the church especially it people.

People say a lot about what wrong with the Church these day (I know I do). But at the core, for me the Church biggest problem is that it is made of people. We are the most unpredictable, and very much so imperfect being. I'm mostly talking about myself. Please don't get offended by this. Even when we're not being bad, we're just not in control of life.

Relationships and community can be lost by any number of evil mean, but sometime it is just a matter of timing. In this instance, we got hit when we were the weakest. Not an ideal time to lose community.

I'm learning that the cycle of relationships is bittersweet. I'm also learning that if we are not mindful, the bitter part of that can make us bitter. No matter what happen, the hard thing is to choose to believe it is worth trying again, to refuse to give up on the Church and on people. You have to risk investing and being vulnerable yet again, knowing the cycle will always turn (*super eek eek eek). This is something that Scott has taught me.

I feel like God is using marriage to shape me in so many ways. Is like all your flaws and imperfection is being magnify. I feel very bless that not only did God brought me a wonderful husband He also brought me a wonderful new family. I am so thankful for that. I hate to brag but my In-laws are awesome.

Y'all are probably curious about how we're handling our situation. We are doing pretty good I think. Scott parents are amazing. They are not poky people at all. We have an amazing sense of privacy. As most of y'all know, we have the front two rooms of the house. I think they don't venture down this side of the hall way on purpose (or maybe not). They really want to give us our own private time I think. I have to say it. Is working out so well I think because Scott parents are white. I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way. I just know that if we were living with my mom there will be no such thing as privacy. I'm also extremely grateful that Scott parents are so understanding and even forgiving. Most of y'all know, I'm not the most tidy girl ever. I know if you girls are reading this, y'all are probably nodding y'all head like crazy right? I'm working on it ok!!! hahaha I'm trying to limit the mess to just mostly our rooms, but sadly I inform you that as I'm typing this, there is quite a mess in the hall way on our part of the house right now. We are working on trying to get tidy. I just get overwhelm whenever I look at the mess. I also get overwhelm because I have a crab load of junk that I don't know where I'll put or what I'll do with it. hahaha

Anywho, along with the privacy we also get alot of love and support. For example, when I have a really long or bad day I always get the most wonderful hugs from Scott dad. Scott mom is always there and ready with her understand ears. I'm not the most expressive person some time, but I truly adore and love them. I'm still working on the nerve to call them Mom and Dad. I don't know why, but I feel akward and embarass about it. hahaha

Glenn, my little brother I like to call him (mostly behind his back because I'm too embarass to call him that to his face). We're getting to know each other better. I feel like he is alot more comfortable around me now. We're beginning to share our inside moments of laughter, little glances of understanding something that no one else does. We also tend to take side against Scott about certain things. hahahaha I also get to do what I always wanted to do. Buy clothe for a younger sibling. This is something I've always wanted to do so badly. I no longer just have to settle with dressing up dolls. I have my own little brother now to shop for.

I'm very overwhelm with gratefulness because I feel like this is an answered prayer. A prayer that I have prayed and cried out to God for so many years of my life. A prayer for a big happy family. I wake up every day with all kind of noises around the house. Scott doesn't understand why I like that, but to me is just wonderful. I'm very grateful to have this experience of being a part of big family before Scott and I go off on our own.

God is good that is all I have to say. He give me a sweet husband, a wonderful extended family, and He is always by my side.

I'll be uploading some pictures soon :D

with love,

Amy KERSTETTER

11 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you amy!! :-) Glad to get an update!! You guys need to come out more often :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this.I agree with all of the points keep up the good work.

    modest clothing stores & modest clothing for women

    ReplyDelete
  3. Subject in this blog usually are excellent as well as appreciative.

    UK Manufactured & Clothing Tags

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.

    T-shirt Manufacturers UK & Wholesale Blank T-Shirts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so impressive and nice title of blog. I am always searching such type of Blog that gave some useful knowledge and relax our mind. So Very thanks for design this type of content and what are you thing at time of write. Thanks for sharing views.

    Edinburgh wedding dress shops & Vintage wedding dress Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete